Building Your Audition Book with James Rocco
Time & Location
About the Event
Building Your Audition Book - 2 Week Class
2 Sessions : October 2nd @ 1-3PM EDT and October 9 @ 1-3PM EDT
For Students 10 and up
* No Drop Ins
Auditions are an essential part of any actor’s career. Having the right audition material is key to
making a solid impression. This workshop focuses on the tools for building your musical theatre
• Choosing audition material,
• Working with an accompanist and backing tracks
• Audition composure
• How to make the most of your 3 minutes of audition time.
Each participant will perform one two-minute or less “audition” song and receive constructive insights
into how to rise to the top.
SESSION 1: October 2nd
• Overview of the audition process, including live and video auditions.
• Preparation, Photos, Resumes, Composure, and Wardrobe
• What is an Audition Book and Tools to build your audition book?
• Q & A
SESSION 2: October 9th
Each student will have an opportunity to perform a mock audition, using a piece from their book in an
assigned style followed by constructive feedback.
- 10/2 + 10/9 @ 1pm EDT$80$800$0